Duration: 3 days
First Aid at Work is a three-day qualification for individuals who may be required to administer first aid at work following an employer’s assessment of first aid needs in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course aims to provide selected individuals with the knowledge and practical skills required to competently carry out the duties of a workplace first aider. By the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- The role of the first aider, including the importance of preventing cross infection, the need for recording incidents and actions, and the use of available equipment
- How to assess a situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- How to provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is choking, wounded or bleeding and suffering from shock
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who has injuries to bones, muscles and joints (including suspected spinal injuries), chest injuries, burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- How to recognise the presence of major illnesses and provide appropriate first aid
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a NUCO certificate as proof of qualification.
How to stay up to date
Parallel Training’s First Aid at Work qualification is valid for a duration of three years. Once this time has lapsed, or an individual feels they need to update their knowledge, delegates can re-qualify by attending the two-day First Aid at Work Requalification.