DURATION: 1 day
A Mobile Scaffold Tower is made from prefabricated components. There are two recognised forms of tower erection: 3T (through the trap door) and AGR (advanced guard rail). Both protect the users from falling from the tower.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge & practical skills to work safely. We include theory and practical element.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PASMA Code of Practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of Product Standards EN 1004:2004
- Identify the components of mobile access towers and explain their functions
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hazards affecting the use of mobile access towers
- Explain the causes of tower instability and the actions required to avoid it
- Identify and maintain appropriate personnel protective equipment (PPE)
- Carry out a pre-use inspection
- Safely assemble/dismantle mobile access towers, in accordance with the manufacturer’s erection guide
- Safely ascend and descend mobile access towers
- Relocate mobile access towers safely
- Complete Tower Inspection Records.