Parallel Training’s Health and Safety Awareness is a one-day course for anyone involved with developing or using risk assessments or method statements. Applicable across all sectors, it provides delegates with an awareness of current health and safety legislation and regulations, including their responsibilities as a worker and/or employer.
In a classroom environment, delegates will learn about the legislations and regulations that are relevant to them, as well as potential hazards and risks. This includes:
- Risk Assessments
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Health and Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.
NB: The information presented during the course is intended as a guide only. Whilst reference to case law may be made, the course provider holds no responsibility for interpretation, nor shall it be deemed legal advice. Further information and training should be obtained by delegates and/or employers with regards to their individual working environment and area of work.