DURATION: 1 day
PAT Tester is a one-day training course aimed at maintenance staff, handymen, janitors, caretakers and anyone wishing to bring their Portable Appliance Testing in-house. An interactive course, advice on what PAT tester would best suit your requirements is available.
Conforming to the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1974, Abrasive Wheel Regulations 1970, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992, the course covers the following topics:
- What is PAT
- Legislation and guidance
- HSE statistics, and the effects of electricity on human contact
- Categories and classes of electrical appliances,
- Tests to be carried out and suggested frequency
- Recording test results and labelling appliances
- Practical demonstrations & exercises
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.