Available as a two-day training course for beginners, or one-day refresher/experienced worker assessment, this National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) accredited programme is intended for individuals involved in slinging and signalling operations using cranes and hoists.
The training course provides delegates with an understanding of the requirements of relevant regulations, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Health and Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 and BS 7121.
By the end of the course, delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Ensure that the area of operation is suitable for lifting activities
- Estimate weights and centres of gravity
- Identify and select appropriate lifting accessories for different types of loads and match certification
- Sling various loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose loads
- Guide various loads and place accurately, including to and from confined and blind areas
- Carry out lifting according to given instructions
- Use different forms of communication
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Return lifting accessories to storage
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a NPORS Card (fee required) or Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.