DURATION: 1-5 days
Accredited by the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS), this training course is suitable for individuals with all levels of experience in operating dumpers (including forward tipping mini dumpers, forward tipping dumpers, rear tipping dumpers and tracked or wheeled dumpers) and available in the following formats.
- Basic Course for novices or delegates with limited experience (3 to 5 days)
- Refresher Course for delegates who have evidence of dumper operations or previous training (1 day)
- Experienced Worker Test for delegates with extensive dumper experience (1 day)
This training course serves to train and assess delegates’ practical skills and theoretical knowledge to the standards set by NPORS to identify and eliminate any bad habits in the safe operation of a dumper.
This course includes:
- Site safety awareness
- The operating safety code
- Introduction to the machine and control familiarisation
- Pre-start checks and refuelling
- General operating practice, loaded and unloaded
- Travelling over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces, loaded and unloaded
- Actions required for hazardous underground and overhead services
- Load integrity and securyt
- Transferring loads to different locations
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a NPORS Card (fee required) or Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.
Please note: this course is available for on-site delivery only.