DURATION: 1-5 days
Accredited by the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS), this training course is suitable for individuals with all levels of experience in operating Telehandlers, available in the following formats:
- Basic Course for novices or delegates with limited experience (3 to 5 days)
- Refresher Course for delegates who have evidence of telehandler operations or previous training (1 day)
- Experienced Worker Test for delegates with extensive telehandler experience (1 day)
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to operate Telehandlers safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ and best practice procedures. The course is operated in accordance with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998, Health and Safety at Work Order, and other current relevant legislation.
This course includes:
- Introduction to the machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Loading and unloading vehicles and static racking
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights
- Understanding the causes of instability of the tuck and loads
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a NPORS Card (fee required) or Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.
Please note: this course is available for on-site delivery only.