This half-day training course is suitable for individuals with all levels of experience of using stepladders and ladders in the workplace for working at height.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to assess when it is appropriate to use a stepladder or ladder, how to correctly select and check a stepladder or ladder, how to use a stepladder or ladder safely and how to effectively comply with their duties under the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
This course includes:
- Introduction to stepladders and ladders
- Competent persons
- Risk assessments and permits
- Recognising common unsafe practices/hazards
- Safe and unsafe working practices for ladders and steps, fragile roofs and other surfaces
- Inspection of work equipment
- Falling objects and danger areas
- Relevant legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Regulations, Working at Height Regulations 2005 and Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.