DURATION: 2-3 days
Available as a two or three-day training course (days one and two covering erecting and dismantling, and day three covering inspection), this course is aimed at staff/operatives working within a multi-disciplined team who erect, use, dismantle and check system scaffolds as part of their role.
Training course content
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an understanding of the methods of safe erection, dismantling and inspection of specific system scaffolds (Cuplok and Kwikstage), adhering to relevant legislation. It enables members of a multi-disciplined team to:
- Erect and dismantle basic system scaffolds in line with the manufacturer’s instruction manual to a maximum working platform height of six metres.
- Inspect basic system scaffolds covered within the course to ensure compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and manufacturer’s instruction manual.
Applicable to basic independent, return, ladder access, towers, birdcage and loading bay structures, the course covers:
- Manual handling and scaffolding operations
- Safety harness use and inspection
- Scaffolding components
- System scaffold structures and ties
- Gin wheel, rope and knots
- Specific system scaffold erection and repositioning
- Specific system scaffold dismantling
- System scaffold inspection training
NB: Delegates must provide their own hard hat, safety footwear, safety harness, gloves, belt and tools, wet weather clothing and any other PPE deemed necessary in compliance with their employer’s Health and Safety Policy.
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be provided with a Parallel Training certificate as proof of qualification.