Duration: 1 day
IOSH Safety & Health for construction workers is a one-day health and safety course for anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
The course provides the core knowledge your workers need to stay safe and embeds the good understanding and techniques needed to keep others safe too. Keeping your business healthy and safe with an effective training programme will enable you to reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
We have ensured that the practical, jargon-free nature of the course will meet the needs of every learner.
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK, which means our courses are aligned to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
CSCS approval means that the course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card – allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
What to expect from the training course:
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will have a greater understanding of personal responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace and will receive an IOSH certificate.