- Insufficient Observations
- Unsafe Load
- Inadequate Pedestrian Separation
- Poor visibility when operating a truck
- Not wearing seatbelt
- Using wrong equipment
- 7 Speeding
Mentor provides an easy to understand explanation of this common myth . See here: https://www.mentorflttraining.co.uk/news/no-such-thing-as-a-lift-truck-licence
We are now offering all theory training as a Virtual Course via the platform Zoom. All you require is a laptop with a camera and a microphone. No special software is requied, you just receive an invitation to receive the session.
HSE have extended current First Aid extensions during Covid
FAW or EFAW certificates that expired after 16 March 2020 can remain valid until 31 October 2020 or 6 months from date of expiry, whichever is later. All requalification training for these certificates should be completed by 31 March 2021.
Resuscitation Council UK Statement on COVID-19 in relation to CPR and resuscitation in first aid and community settings
Useful advice for managers from IOSH on training temporary workers
Furloughed staff have an ideal opportunity to undertake training that is often difficult at busy times.Why not use this time positively. We have a range …
You must only make a report under RIDDOR (The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013) when:
- an unintended incident at work has led to someone’s possible or actual exposure to coronavirus. This must be reported as a dangerous occurrence.
- a worker has been diagnosed as having COVID 19 and there is reasonable evidence that it was caused by exposure at work. This must be reported as a case of disease.
- a worker dies as a result of occupational exposure to coronavirus.
If you hold a first aid certificate that expires on or after 16 March 2020 and cannot access requalification training because of coronavirus you may qualify for a 3-month extension.Read More“First Aid Certification Extension”
During April and May we are still delivering on site training where necessary. Considerations on how to keep operators and instructors safe will be taken. …